Like the Montessori method, which is an individualized, child-centered approach to education, our admission process is designed to allow children and families to become better acquainted with the school. The following steps will facilitate an understanding of MSB and our commitment to the Montessori system of education.
Check Us Out
- Explore our website, and read about Montessori Philosophy, and MSB Programs.
- Schedule a time for a campus tour with classroom observations.
- Contact us by phone, email, or the online inquiry form with your specific questions.
School Tour with Classroom Observations
- The best way to understand Montessori education and to learn more about the programs here at MSB is to visit. During the application process we ask parents to join us for a morning tour of our school, when you will be able to observe the classroom experience.
- Parent visits are typically offered on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Please contact Kehr Davis at 413-637-3662 or schedule a campus tour online.
- After meeting with the Admission Coordinator and submitting the initial application, we will arrange a visit for your child. This is an opportunity for your child to explore the classroom and connect with our guides, as well as a chance for us to work together to determine how/whether a transition into an MSB classroom is most appropriate for your family.
- Toddler and Children's House are invited to meet with the Director of Education or guides in the classroom after the end of the regular school day, typically around 3:30 in the afternoon. This is a chance for your child to explore the environment a with and work with one of our classroom guides. A member of the admission team will also be available to answer additional questions you might have.
- Elementary and Adolescent Program applicants spend a morning in the classroom and work individually with a guide. This will give your child the opportunity to work with other students and experience a typical day at MSB.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and include a $100 application fee per child.
- An application will be considered complete after parents/guardians have observed the classroom, the student has visited, and we have received your application and fee. For children with prior school experience, we also require a teacher evaluation form and school records.
- Financial aid applicants should complete their FAST application at the same time they are working on their admission application to ensure timely decisions
Acceptance & Enrollment
- Once an application is complete with the items on the checklist above, we will review and notify families of an admission decision.
- Kindly return the enrollment contract within the time frame indicated to reserve the space in the classroom.
- In cases of high classroom enrollment, we will admit children to a waiting pool, and will notify families as soon as a space becomes available.
- Enrollment forms are due by the time of your child’s first day of school and are valid for one school year.